Come for the bizarre love of killing, stay for the laughs.
Granted, this is basically a sizzle reel, with a few extended scenes played out, but could they have nailed the vibe for 2017's JUSTICE LEAGUE? It is tough as nails to feel any sort of confidence after the same team basically had hot diarrhea all over audiences earlier this year, but then they show scenes like one from the header above where Bruce Wayne introduces himself to Barry Allen and basically dares him to unveil his superspeed by chucking a batarang at his face. And then I'm sucked right back in.
If anything, Zack Snyder learned from his many mistakes and has infused the script with some lighter moments. BATMAN V SUPERMAN was dreadfully dark--a no-no for comic book films. Christ, even THE DARK KNIGHT had some funny moments and the Joker stuck a pencil in a guy's eye and almost blew up two entire tour boats.
Some other thoughts:
• Jason Momoa's Aquaman facing down a wave as it crashes down upon him is pretty badass.
• Bruce Wayne/Diana Prince banter is also welcomed.
• Some Kings from the past burying a motherbox is an interesting development. In BVS and in comic lore, the motherboxes play a vital role in a variety of ways, not unimportantly as a means of travel to and from Apokolips: the homeworld of Darkseid, the inevitable series villain.
• Ezra Miller's Allen emitting some serious lightning every time he zips around. I'm curious to see how true to this effect Snyder stays throughout. Electricity short circuiting everything may get old quickly.
• At first glance, not totally onboard with Cyborg's look. Looks fake. Hopefully they work out the kinks after final cut.